With so many essential oils available, it's sometimes difficult to learn which oil is best for your specific needs. We put together a list of aromas and their respective therapeutic benefits.
- Derived from the Comfrey plant, Allantoin, is popular in the cosmetic industry because of it's strong skin care benefits. But beyond those, it also aids in wound healing, reducing pain and as an anti-inflammatory. The mother plant, Comfrey can also help boost your immune system and respiratory health.
- Is a relaxing and uplifting oil and is known to relieve tension and emotional stress. It is also used as an anti-depressant.
- Improves Digestions and can relieve spasms, as well as eliminate excess gas. A great aid to reduce arthritis pain, and detoxify your body. Black Pepper is a great cure for a variety of bacterial infections.
- Chamomile is a great way to remove toxic agents and prevent infections. It can also assist in relieving depression and feelings of anger. Chamomile is also an effective circulatory system aid, and can assist in treating rheumatism.
- Cinnamon can boost brain function and act as a blood purifier, as well as improve blood circulation. As well as aiding in weight-loss, cinnamon is known to assist in controlling diabetes, treating infections and relieving pain.
- Clary Sage eases depression and burnout. It is calming to the nervous system and is particularly helpful with insomnia and deep seated tension. Clary Sage must be avoided during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- A decongestant effective in relieving respiratory symptoms. It may also relieve muscle and tendon pain, rheumatism, lumbago, fibrosis and nerve pain.
- This uplifting oil has a great all-over balancing effect on the mind and body. It helps to sort out emotions and relieves feelings distress and anxiety. Geranium is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Not only eliminates and prevents infections, but also aids in boosting your immune system. Also used to control your appetite and relive depression, there are countless benefits to Grapefruit essential oils.
- Jasmine is often used to combat insomnia, as well as improve the appearance of scars and dry or dehydrated skin. It is also a great way to soothe menstral or menopausal aches, relive depression and prevent infections.
- Lavender has a soothing and calming effect on the nerves and is known to relieve tension, depression, panic and nervous exhaustion. Lavender is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Boosts the immune system and improves concentration and alertness. It is effective in relieving mental fatigue, anxiety and exhaustion.
- Revitalises the body and clears headaches. Lemongrass combats nervous exhaustion and stress.
- Also known as Flaxseed, Linseed can help control cholesterol levels, and improve your overall digestive health. Not only that, but it can help maintain a healthy hormonal balance and reduce various forms of inflammation in the body.
- A great way to improve overall circulation and digestive functions, Mandarin can be used to prevent infections and cure stomach disorders. Other benefits include having a sedative effect and a nervous relaxant.
- Orange essential oil is used for the prevention of infections, treat spams and inflammation relief. Also used as a sedative, Orange is perfect to use after a long and busy week, to help relax, and relieve depression.
- Rose fights depression, sedates inflammations, and can treat wounds. This floral essential oil is also a great skin moisturiser, with anti-aging properties and soothing effects on sensitive skin.
- Rosemary has a pronounced action on the brain and central nervous system and is wonderful for clearing the mind and enhancing mental awareness.
- Rosewood is good for lifting depression. When feeling overburdened by the world, lift your spirits and balance your mind and body. Rosewood is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Rose Geranium stimulates the adrenal cortex and helps to balance the nervous system while uplifting depression and relieving anxiety. Rose Geranium is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- A well known anti-bacterial Tea Tree oil is speeds up healing, and assists in the body's uptake of vital nutrients. As a great anti-septic, it's often used in skin care and antiviral remedies, it also can aid in chest related issues as an expectorant.
- Vanilla has great antioxidant properties, as well antidepressant effects. When feeling overwhelmed, vanilla can be used as a great calming and relaxing sedative or tranquilliser.